Royal Canin Veterinary Diet – Anallergenic is a dietetic dry kibble that has been especially developed for dogs with extreme food sensitivities or allergies. It presents an excellent choice for use as an exclusion diet. The recipe uses low molecular weight protein source (peptides) that can significantly reduce allergic reactions to foodstuffs. It also includes a special synergistic antioxidant complex to help to neutralize free radicals, plus a patented nutrient complex to boost the skin’s barrier function. Royal Canin pay close attention to avoiding contact with any kind of allergens during the manufacturing process. Your dog’s skin and digestive tract are two of its most sensitive organs and they can come into contact with many different substances. Food allergies and intolerances are common in dogs and allergy symptoms vary in severity. These can occur at any time in their life, when their immune system reacts to an otherwise harmless substance of animal or vegetable origin in its environment.
Recommended for (indications):
- Elimination diet
- Food allergies with dermatological or intestinal symptoms
- Food intolerance
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- Pregnant or lactating bitches
- Oligopeptides: Protein components with a low molecular weight, to help to reduce the risk of allergic reaction to nutrients.
- Low allergic potential: The recipe is adapted to exclude allergens and the manufacturing process is aimed at ensuring that the ingredients do not come into contact with allergens.
- Skin barrier: A patented nutrient complex helps to boost the skin’s barrier effect.
- Antioxidant complex: A patented synergistic antioxidant complex can help to neutralise free radicals.
Feather meal hydrolysate with a low molecular weight contains oligopeptides and 88% free amino acids with no allergic potential. The molecular weight for the recipe is around 95% below 1kDa.
Duration of treatment:
If you suspect that your dog may have a food allergy or intolerance you should change your dog’s food immediately. This diet can be used indefinitely.